We have a specialist team of consultants within Deloitte Real Estate who have wide experience in the financing, planning and delivery of sports venues, training, leisure facilities and major sports events. We have extensive experience throughout the UK and Europe, combining a full complement of property consultancy services from across our practice to provide advice from conception to completion.
We act for governments, local authorities, national governing bodies, sports clubs and organisations, developers, operators, investors and event organisers.
We can also provide commercial, financial, regulatory, taxation and general business advice from the Deloitte Sports Business Group to provide a very comprehensive service.
We are committed to improving sports facilities through raising the quality of provision, finding finance from the public and private sector and converting proposals for sports facilities into reality.
Why use us?
One-stop shop service
– We provide a wide range of property expertise, including: town planning, project management, cost management, design appraisal, value engineering, contract administration and operational reviews from our in-house team. No other company can offer such a comprehensive service.
Value for money
– Our understanding of design enables us to drive down costs and focus on practical and functional design solutions.
Making it a reality
– We have a high standing with the major funding bodies for sport and a high success rate with grant applications.
– We explore and implement Innovative funding mechanisms, innovative scheme proposals and innovative procurement methods.
Sport and leisure specialists
– We have delivered new stadia for football, rugby and cricket, exciting new leisure facilities for local communities, high performance facilities for elite athletes, and have worked on major sporting events.
– We have an unrivalled track record. You are welcome to visit any of our developments and meet our clients to experience this first hand.
– We have commissioned research to better understand spectators’ views on sports venues. This research includes surveys on UK and international football stadia and domestic cricket grounds. We have also monitored the provision of community sports facilities in the run-up to London 2012.
– We have extensive practical management and consultancy experience, ranging from facilities strategy development, business case and life cycle due diligence for sports and leisure facilities, right through to monitoring and auditing operational delivery.
Feasibility and business planning
– We provide unbiased and robust advice that you can be confident in. This comes from years of experience of working solely on sports and leisure projects.
Issues within the industry:
Putting on a major sporting event is complex and takes years of planning. The date cannot be moved and it is important therefore that the right strategy is in place from the very outset. Deloitte were heavily involved in the delivery of London 2012, including strategic planning, the delivery of permanent and temporary venues, and legacy planning, and can help organisers in the delivery of major sporting events.
Sports Venue Development:
When embarking on a new sport venue development it is important that the business plan and budget drives the physical structures, not the other way round. All too often a venue looks great, but doesn’t meet the business plan or operator requirements. Deloitte offers an outstanding multi-disciplinary team of experienced professionals who combine vast experience of the sports venue market, hospitality and leisure sector expertise, together with a track record of fundraising, which enables us to guide our clients through the development process and provide real added value.
Leisure Centre Rationalisation:
Despite the experience of most local authorities, it is possible for local authority leisure centres to make money! By rationalising existing facilities and using the revenue savings to fund new facilities through prudential borrowings it is possible to provide a first class offer to the local community at no cost to the rate payers. Deloitte have delivered many new leisure centres across the UK, providing advice from the initial feasibility, through design and construction, and during the operational life of the building. This provides us with an in depth knowledge of what makes for a successful facility.